- US passes 2,500 deaths from Covid-19
- Trump: Pelosi a ‘sick puppy’ for saying failings have cost lives
- Fauci suggests US death toll could reach 200,000
- Virus upends election cycle as officials scramble to protect voters
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
Italy’s rates of new coronavirus cases and ICU admissions appear to be on the decline, providing some much-needed good news to the country that has been most devastated by the pandemic.
Italy is still reporting several hundred deaths a day linked to the virus, but experts say that statistic will likely be the last one to improve.
Italy’s new registered cases rise by 4.1% today, the lowest since the start of the outbreak.
The increase in admissions into ICUs is again very low (~2%)
There are 812 new deaths. This is the most tragic figure, but experts expect it to be the last one to decrease. #Covid_19
A second United States Capitol Police officer has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus.
The USCP confirmed yesterday that an officer had tested positive and has been in quarantine since March 18.